APPLICATION SCREENING GUIDELINES
• We offer application forms to everyone upon request.
• There is a $45.00 application fee, which must be paid in advance.
• We review completed application in the order in which we receive them.
• We may require up to seven business days to verify information in an application.
• If we are unable to verify information on an application, the application may be denied.
• We do business in accordance with Fair Housing Law.
• We do not discriminate among Applicants based on membership in a protected class including, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, familial status, source of income, or any other protected class as defined in federal, state, or local law.
• Each person over the age of 18 must submit an individual application.
• We will not review incomplete applications.
• We will accept the first qualified applicant(s).
• Applicants must show two forms of identification. One must include a photograph.
Prior Rental History
• Favorable rental history of one (1) year must be verifiable from an unbiased/unrelated sources.
• No evictions in the last 5 years. We do not consider evictions which took place five years or more ago, nor do we consider evictions which resulted in a dismissal or general judgement for the Applicant. We also do not consider eviction judgements that were rendered during the COVID - 19 Protected Period (April 1, 2020 - Feb 28, 2022)
• Applicants must provide us with the information necessary to contact past landlords. We reserve the
• right to deny an application after making a good faith effort; we are unable to verify prior rental history.
• Exceptions may be made for applicants with increased deposit/payments.
Sufficient Income and Resources
• Net household income shall be at least two and a half (2.5) times the rent (excluding utilities).
• Income/resources must be verifiable through pay stubs, employer contact, current tax records, alimony, child support, public assistance, utility or housing assistance and/or bank statements.
• We may require you to submit a copy of your credit report obtained within the past 30 days.
• Negative credit reports may result in denial of Application. Negative reports include, but are not limited to: late payments, collections, judgments, total debt load, and pending bankruptcy.
• Criminal convictions or pending charges which may result in an Application denial include, but are not limited to: drug-related crimes, person crimes, sex offenses, any crimes involving financial fraud (including identity theft or forgery), or any other crime that would adversely impact the health, safety or right of peaceful enjoyment of the premises of the Residents or Owner/Agent but not including pending charges or crimes that are no longer illegal in the state of Oregon, or charges that are pending but for which the Applicant is presently participating in a diversion, conditional discharge or deferral of judgment program on the charges.
• Criminal history will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration the nature and severity of the incidents that would lead to denial, the number and type of incidents, the time that has elapsed since the date the incidents occurred, and the age of the individual at the time the incidents occurred.
• Applicants are encouraged to provide Supplemental Information to explain, justify or negate the relevance of potentially negative screening outcomes.
• All Applicants may submit a written explanation with their Application if there are extenuating circumstances which require additional consideration.
• If, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify information on your Application, or if you fail to pass any of the screening criteria, the application process will be terminated.
• Exceptions may be made for Applicants with increased Deposits or qualified Co-Signers at the sole discretion of the Owner/Agent.
FALSIFICATION OR MISREPRESENTATION OF ANY PART OF THE APPLICATION WILL BE GROUNDS FOR DENIAL.